Staying in Sweaters
I don’t know about you but when the weather gets nice in January its a total bummer for me. Its a major tease, like hey look how beautiful life is without muddy snow and wearing heavy coats while still freezing. Ill get over it but in the meantime, I’m preparing for the cold and snow to make its comeback, with sweaters. How do you wear sweaters all winter? Here I’m going to show easy ways to not get bored with sweaters and stay warm. Basically switch up the styles and switch up the accessories.
- Add accessories. For a basic one shade sweater, I like to pair a couple necklaces together with it. This necklace is a darker blue to create a color contrast. I also paired a longer gold chain with it. Try a watch or bold earrings. I personally only like one bold piece on, weather that be the necklace or earrings. Watches are more versatile.
- Add a scarf. You can pretty much add a scarf to anything and make it special. I have quite a collection to choose from but when in doubt, go neutral. I choose a white knitted infinity scarf.
- Add leg warmers. I know its not the 80s but leg warmers still serve a purpose. Its a super easy way to add a little something to your outfit. There are so many cute styles to choose from. If your in the market for them, wear the boots you intend to wear them with in order to match them up good.
- Pair the sweater with a vest. I have my grey pants on with this knit vest to match and then add a pop of color with the pink knit sweater. Vests make you warmer too and in my book, thats a plus.
- For when its really cold, I layer my sweaters up. As usual I love the monochromatic neutral grey. I paired a white and black woven knit sweater with black leggings and threw over a long sweater cardigan.
I shared another option on this in my last fashion blog (#7) here;
Play with different colored pants and leggings. You can do almost any of these options in many different styled sweaters.
Ponchos: Try 1-3
Crop: Try 1-3 & 5
Cardigans: Try 1-3
Oversized: Try 1-4
Collegiate: Try 2-4
Also, you can always mix #3 with any of the others.
I hope these tips help keep you cute and cozy for the rest of winter. Just remember, “Happy girls are the prettiest” & “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone”, Audrey Hepburn.
Hebrews 13:5 ESV “I will never leave you nor forsake you”.
You Are Never Alone
Share kindness, we never know what someone is going through ♡